Not going to lie. EA’s press conference was the one I was least looking forward to. Year after year my hopes and dreams are shattered by poor performances and pacing. This year is no different. They felt so soulless despite the fact that EA had some good games to show off. I go more into my opinions in the accompanying video, but if you want just the facts then read on below. Here’s to the beginning of E3 2017!
- The show opened with Madden 18, which revealed it’ll have a story based solo campaign similar to last year’s FIFA
- In the Name of the Tsar, a DLC expansion for Battlefield 1, will launch in September and take players to the Eastern front of WWI
- A quick trailer was shown off for FIFA 18, which will continue Alex Hunter’s story from the previous game
- Need for Speed Payback was shown off with a gameplay demo
- A Way Out was announced, a game from the developers of Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons, for early 2018
- A quick teaser was shown off for BioWare’s new IP, Anthem
- NBA Live 18 will also feature a single player mode and will include some RPG mechanics as you play around the U.S.
- Star Wars Battlefront II closed out the show by showing off a quick trailer for the single player campaign, a live multiplayer demo showcasing Naboo, and it was announced that all DLC going forward will be free for the game