This month marks the 25th Anniversary of Nickelodeon establishing the Nicktoons brand. It began with Ren and Stimpy, which premiered on August 11, 1991. I could have focused my outlook on the few Ren and Stimpy games out there, but I broadened my horizon with a plethora of licensed based games on all of the Nicktoons. I did this for the love of documenting video game history and boy let me tell you, it was a nauseating experience.
In this retrospective I recount my history with watching Nicktoons as a kid, my limited experience with some of these properties growing up, and of course, tons of games. This was one of the worst retrospectives I put my blood, sweat, and tears into: I’ll be honest. In total you’ll see me recount 15, but trust me when I say there was at least double that if not more. It’s not without hidden gems, but, well, you’ll see. Only 90s kids will understand my pain, he said slowly vomiting in mouth.
Nicktoons Video Game Retrospective
- Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
- Danny Phantom: The Ultimate Enemy
- El Tigre: The Adventures of Manny Rivera
- The Fairly Odd Parents: Enter the Cleft
- Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
- The Legend of Korra
- Nicktoons: Attack of the Toybots
- Nicktoons: Freeze Frame Frenzy
- The Ren and Stimpy Show: Buckaroo$!
- Rocket Power: Dream Scheme
- Rocko’s Modern Life: Spunky’s Dangerous Day
- Rugrats: Castle Caper
- The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie Game
- Wild Thornberrys: Chimp Chase